Postnatal yoga classes are suitable for you and your baby from 6 weeks after birth up until crawling. The class is designed to support you as a new mum and your body to return to normal. The class starts with discussion for any questions that may arise as a new parent and the postures focus on strengthening your abdomen, back and pelvic floor muscles, re-aligning the pelvic region and releasing tension, especially in the shoulders. This is a great space to spend time with your baby and be part of a community of new parents.
The benefits of postnatal yoga
• Strengthens the back, abdominal and pelvic floor muscles
• Releases tension in shoulders and neck muscles
• Helps to improve posture
• Promotes relaxation, patience and inner-calm
• Encourages fun to parent and baby
• Offers an opportunity to connect with other parents